Key Recovery Tag
1 X Key Recovery Tag
Includes 1 Years Premium Protection
Note: all tags must be activated to work
Why a DogTrac Key Recovery Tag
The smart way to lose your keys
90% of Key Tag protected keys are returned if found, often within hours, sometimes within minutes and occasionally before you even knew they were gone.
How it works
- Register and activate your new Key Tag by clicking Activate my Tag or scanning the QR code on the back of your new key tag.
- Enter your contact details and choose what you would like a "finder" to see to enable them to contact you quickly to arrange the safe return. This can include your name, mobile number and email address.
- As an added incentive to finders to contact you quickly you can also offer an extra reward of up to £30.
- Now if you lose your keys with the Key Tag attached, you've instantly increased your chances of getting them back from 5% to 90%.
If you lose your Keys and they are found
- The Key Tag invites a "finder" to either scan the QR code with a smart phone or go online to microchipcentral.com to report the tag missing by entering the 7-digit code into the search box.
- They are incentivised to do this by the "Reward if Found" text on the tag, although research has shown most people are not motivated by the reward but by honesty and a desire to return lost property when the owner can be identified.
- You will immediately get a SMS and email notifying you your keys have been found. You will also get a link to a map pinpointing exactly where they were found.
- The "finder" is then asked to either contact you directly using the details you set when activating your tag, or they can supply a contact number to call them straight back, it couldn't be easier!
What is Premium Protection
Premium Protection is free for the first year and £5 plus VAT per year ongoing. It includes:
- Lifetime warranty and free lost tag replacement
- Instant SMS and email alert when your key tag is found
Lost key fact file:
- Over 840,000 of us lose a set of keys every year.
- London Transport returns less than 5% of lost keys because they have no way of identifying the owners. That's over 11,000 people who didn't get their lost keys back last year on London Transport alone!
- 1 in every 10 drivers does not have a spare key to their car.
- It costs £893 to recover and replace locks and keys on Volkswagen Polo.